Here We Grow
This is the basic course we offer:
1. A series of Gardening Foundations Workshops that will teach people how to easily and inexpensively grow food and deal with any problems that may evolve. Projected student-instructor contact would consist of about 30 three hour workshops over two years' time, and anticipated attendance is 20 students per workshop.
2. A series of Secondary Workshops that will help families grow food together, help teachers teach food growing, and help people harvest, cook, store, and preserve foods efficiently.
3. A mentorship program which would both train mentors and uses gardeners who are already trained for one- on- one mentorship in gardens to help people grow food.
4. A web presence on a dedicated website, as well as social media where people would have access to recorded garden workshops, soil building information, garden vegetable growing information, pest management information and contact information for Central Vancouver Island community gardening and food resources.
5. Hard copy information brochures which will present simple, concise, instructions for growing food.
Please check back for more details - Coming soon!
Sat April 1 Dollars & Sense
Sat April 8 Building soil
Sat April 15 Selecting seeds
Sat April 22 Easy Plant Nutrition & Preventing Pest problems
Become a Member!
Help us protect our community's history!
- Parksville Museum Newsletter-keep abreast of all events
- One free 2 hour rental of our meeting room
- 10% discount in the Museum Gift Shop (some exceptions will apply)
- VIP Access and discounts on special events and the Urban Farm School
- Unlimited entrance into Parksville Museum