This is a more detailed approach to individual instruction about gardening Soil testing, Soil fertility, Water-wise planting, Garden design & Construction would be examples of topics. Each class costs students as the classes are small and not covered by grants. PDF lessons are available upon request by the student.
Current Classes are in the Tryon room at the Parksville Museum.
May 12 - Building Your Soil
May 19 - Organic Veggie Growing
May 26 - Organic Veggie Container Growing
June 9 - Fertilizer Teas and Brews
June 16 - Organic Approaches to Pests
June 23 - Plant Propagation
July 7 - Winter Gardening
August 11 - Growing Berries and Small Fruit
August 18 - Options for Food Preservation
August 25- Growing Your Own Fruit Trees
September 1 - Building a Great Compost
Cost for above workshops is $25 per session.
Please note, all students must be members so an annual membership fee of $10 will be charged to your first session.
Pay at the museum when you arrive; we accept cash and all major credit cards! (Sorry no Debit.)
Become a Member!
Help us protect our community's history!
- Parksville Museum Newsletter-keep abreast of all events
- One free 2 hour rental of our meeting room
- 10% discount in the Museum Gift Shop (some exceptions will apply)
- VIP Access and discounts on special events and the Urban Farm School
- Unlimited entrance into Parksville Museum